WHAT IS A WORKPLACE CAMPAIGN?
United Way of Cumberland County (UWCC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people in Cumberland County by addressing critical human needs. The organization is unique in that we collaborate with 16 community partners to affect positive changes in Cumberland County as efficiently as possible. When non-profit organizations work together, not only can more good be accomplished, but also the cost of fundraising is dramatically reduced, leaving more money for what is important—helping people.
In fact, 85 cents out of every dollar donated to United Way goes to help people. However, it’s not possible without support from the business community. That’s why we enlist support from local businesses to support United Way by hosting internal meetings or events, called “workplace campaigns”. These campaigns provide opportunities to encourage employees to volunteer and donate to United Way in order to strengthen our community.
WHY RUN A WORKPLACE CAMPAIGN WITH UNITED WAY?
Our goal is to help people move from challenges to success and build a stable life. Like your business, United Way of Cumberland County is about partnerships, setting goals, efficiency and accountability. The following are the benefits to running a United Way Campaign:
- It is a sound investment for your company. United Way’s knowledge of the community ensures contributions are channeled to where the needs are greatest.
- United Way can help you develop a customized fundraising campaign that aligns with the values and interests of your organization and your employees. We also offer training and support in building your fundraising team and running a great campaign.
- Convenience and affordability in giving options such as payroll deduction and electronic pledging.
- We process all donations, eliminating the need for a third party pledge processor that lacks the ability to bring year-round, community-wide recognition to you and your employees.
- When your employees donate to United Way, their gift will be invested to help those in need in Cumberland County.
- Special recognition benefits for donors who give $1,000 or more annually.
Campaign Managers Toolkit
This document will give you the 4 steps for hosting a successful United Way Campaign.
Thanks to an anonymous donor, one lucky United Way of Cumberland County donor will win a cash prize of $5,000, plus an additional $1,000 to designate to the UWCC Community Impact Partner program of their choice. Learn more about the rules and regulations by downloading the form.
Use this log to turn in at the end of your campaign. Record your teams donates, so we can accurate information.
Use this as a guide for fun activities you can use to raise money during your Campaign Kickoff.
Inside this presentation you will find information on who the United Way of Cumberland County is and who our Community Impact Partners are. You will also learn about the different programs UW funds and how we are making an impact in the community.
Learn how your United Way dollars are making an impact in building a stronger community.
Learn the about the programs United Way supports and the number of lives changed in Cumberland County by the programs.
Learn how the Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library helps boost children’s education by providing free children’s books to children from birth to 5 years old.
Learn how you can provide an Imagination Library for a child for one year or until they turn 5 years old.
Campaign Graphic Images
Build excitement by sharing these graphics about the $5,000 giveaway with your team.
These graphics will show your team how the United Way dollars make an impact in the community. You will discover the power of your gift and how a little goes a long way to change a life.
United Way Video Content
Below you will find helpful video footage to help give your team a better understanding of who the United Way of Cumberland County is.
Click Here to view the United Way Campaign Video
Click Here to learn How the UWCC helps the community.