For over 80 years, United Way of Cumberland County has worked through partnerships to identify challenges and develop solutions that have a long-term impact in Cumberland County. The UWCC Endowment was created in order to ensure that United Way is able to continue serving the community for years to come.
How It Works
An endowment is a fund where the principal is never spent and is invested to create an ongoing source of support and sustainability for UWCC. The endowment can grow over time to generate an increasing stream of funding.
Your gift to the UWCC Endowment and earnings from your gift will serve as a permanent source of funding that makes good works possible in our community forever.
Partnership with Cumberland Community Foundation
Cumberland Community Foundation (CCF) holds the endowment funds for UWCC and handles the investment management and administrative responsibilities. CCF successfully manages over 450 funds and is accredited by the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations Board.
Ways to Give
Contributions to the UWCC Endowment Fund can be made through:
- Real Estate/Life Estate
- Bequest: Name us in your will
- Beneficiary designation for life insurance or retirement accounts
- Creation of your own designated endowment fund to support UWCC.
- Other tangible assets
- Make checks payable to CCF with a designation to the UWCC Endowment and mail to : CCF, P.O. Box 2345, Fayetteville, NC 28302
- Give online via credit card at cumberlandcf.org. The UWCC Endowment is available in a dropdown list of funds.
- Name the UWCC Endowment in your will.
For more information about endowment giving, please call United Way of Cumberland County at (910) 483-1179.