WHAT IS A WORKPLACE CAMPAIGN?
United Way of Cumberland County (UWCC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people in Cumberland County by addressing critical human needs. The organization is unique in that we collaborate with 16 community partners to affect positive changes in Cumberland County as efficiently as possible. When non-profit organizations work together, not only can more good be accomplished, but also the cost of fundraising is dramatically reduced, leaving more money for what is important—helping people.
In fact, 85 cents out of every dollar donated to United Way goes to help people. However, it’s not possible without support from the business community. That’s why we enlist support from local businesses to support United Way by hosting internal meetings or events, called “workplace campaigns”. These campaigns provide opportunities to encourage employees to volunteer and donate to United Way in order to strengthen our community.
WHY RUN A WORKPLACE CAMPAIGN WITH UNITED WAY?
Our goal is to help people move from challenges to success and build a stable life. Like your business, United Way of Cumberland County is about partnerships, setting goals, efficiency and accountability. The following are the benefits to running a United Way Campaign:
- It is a sound investment for your company. United Way’s knowledge of the community ensures contributions are channeled to where the needs are greatest.
- United Way can help you develop a customized fundraising campaign that aligns with the values and interests of your organization and your employees. We also offer training and support in building your fundraising team and running a great campaign.
- Convenience and affordability in giving options such as payroll deduction and electronic pledging.
- We process all donations, eliminating the need for a third party pledge processor that lacks the ability to bring year-round, community-wide recognition to you and your employees.
- When your employees donate to United Way, their gift will be invested to help those in need in Cumberland County.
- Special recognition benefits for donors who give $1,000 or more annually.