United Way of Cumberland County (UWCC) is now accepting applications for the distribution of of Youth Growth Stock Trust (YGST) funds. The income and designated gifts from the YGST are used to benefit the youth of Cumberland County and is granted annually for seed money, pilot programs, challenge grants and/or matching gifts.
To be eligible, organizations must be private or public nonprofit organizations and must not discriminate, based on race, ethic origin, age, religion or sex of persons served, personnel practices of membership on the organization’s governing board.
The Grants Committee will evaluate each application according to the following criteria:
- The organization’s record for successful programming and management to date.
- Potential for success. The Committee will evaluate the goals and objectives of the project to decide if the plan of action has realistic expectations for success.
- Potential for positive impact upon service recipients.
- Innovative, creative or non-traditional characteristics of the project.
- Services are not already available to the target population.
- Cost-effectiveness. The Committee will examine the relationship between the expected impacts of the project and funding requested.
- Future Funding. The ability of the agency or project to attract or develop funds to continue the project after Trust funding has ended.
- Evaluation. The project can be evaluated in measurable terms.
- All grants will be awarded in honor of Anne Nimocks this year!