Emergency Food & Shelter Program (EFSP) Phase 33 Funding Cycle
The Cumberland County Emergency Food & Shelter Program Local Board is now accepting applications for funding under Phase 33 of the Emergency Food & Shelter Program (EFSP).
Eligible organizations must meet all of the following criteria:
- Agencies must have an existing emergency food and/or shelter program for the homeless & at-risk families/individuals. (EFSP funds must be used for expansion of existing services)
- Agencies must be a 501c3 nonprofit, private or government agency.
- Agencies must have a checking account. (Cash payments are not allowed under EFSP funding)
- Agencies must have an accounting system, operating budget or fiscal agent approved by the Local Board.
- Agencies must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), (note: contact local IRS office for more information on securing FEIN and the necessary form (SS-4) Web Site: www.irs.gov).
- Agencies must have a DUNs Number, (note to obtain number register at www.grants.gov which includes a step by step process for obtaining the number.
- Conduct an independent annual audit if receiving $50,000 or more in EFSP funds; conduct an annual review if receiving $25,000 to $49,999 in EFSP funds;
- Agencies must practice nondiscrimination in all aspects of its business. (Those agencies with a religious affiliation wishing to participate in the program must not refuse services to an applicant based on religion or require attendance at religious services as a condition of assistance, nor will such groups engage in any religious proselytizing in any program receiving EFSP funds).
- Agencies must maintain a diverse governing board of directors all of which are non-paid volunteers.
The deadline to submit Phase 33 Funding Proposals is Friday, June 24, 2016.
There will be a MANDATORY TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE WORKSHOP on Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 10:00 am in the Board Room of the United Way of Cumberland County, located at 222 Maiden Lane. The individual responsible for completing the EFSP Phase 33 Request for Funding Proposal MUST ATTEND this workshop. Please RSVP to email@example.com or you may call Crystal McNair at 483-1179, no later than close of business (5:00 p.m.) on Tuesday, May 24, 2016.
The Emergency Food and Shelter Program Documents