Emergency Food & Shelter Program (EFSP) Phase 34 Funding Cycle
The Cumberland County Emergency Food & Shelter Program Local Board is now accepting applications for funding under Phase 34 of the Emergency Food & Shelter Program (EFSP).
Eligible organizations must meet all of the following criteria:
- Agencies must have an existing emergency food and/or shelter program for the homeless & at-risk families/individuals. (EFSP funds must be used for expansion of existing services)
- Agencies must be a 501c3 nonprofit, private or government agency.
- Agencies must have a checking account. (Cash payments are not allowed under EFSP funding)
- Agencies must have an accounting system, operating budget or fiscal agent approved by the Local Board.
- Agencies must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). (Contact local IRS office for more information on securing FEIN and the necessary form (SS-4) Web Site: www.irs.gov)
- Agencies must have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number issued by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) and provide along with other required associated information. (To obtain number register at www.grants.gov which includes a step by step process for obtaining the number)
- Conduct an independent annual audit if receiving $750,000 or more in Federal funds and/or if receiving $50,000 or more in EFSP funds; conduct an annual review if receiving $25,000 to $49,999 in EFSP funds.
- Agencies must practice nondiscrimination in all aspects of its business. (Those agencies with a religious affiliation wishing to participate in the program must not refuse services to an applicant based on religion or require attendance at religious services as a condition of assistance, nor will such groups engage in any religious proselytizing in any program receiving EFSP funds)
- Agencies must maintain a diverse governing board of directors all of which are non-paid volunteers.
- To the extent practicable, involve homeless individuals and families, through employment, volunteer programs, etc. in providing emergency food and shelter services.
Application packets may be picked up from the United Way of Cumberland County office located at 222 Maiden Lane, Fayetteville, NC 28301; or downloaded from the UWCC website – www.unitedway-cc.org; or via email request to – firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit Phase 34 Funding Proposals is Friday, September 1, 2017.
There will be a MANDATORY TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE WORKSHOP on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 in the Board Room of the United Way of Cumberland County office, located at 222 Maiden Lane. Session I will be held at 10:00 am & Session II will be held at 3:00 pm (only one session is required). The individual responsible for completing the EFSP Phase 34 Request for Funding Proposal MUST ATTEND this workshop. Please RSVP to email@example.com or you may call Crystal McNair at 483-1179, no later than close of business (5:00 p.m.) on Monday, August 7, 2017.
The Emergency Food and Shelter Program Documents