Our mission is to improve the quality of lives in Cumberland County by addressing critical human needs.
United Way of Cumberland County strives to advance the common good by focusing on the building blocks for a good life: education, income, and health. At United Way, we recognize that lasting changes are achieved by addressing the underlying causes of problems. United Way partners with other nonprofit agencies to improve lives right here in Cumberland County.
We at United Way know it takes the whole community working together to reach our goals. United Way brings together people from all walks of life and from all areas of the community to tackle the issues that matter most. If it requires fundraising, or just getting people to work together, that’s what we do. We encourage you to give, advocate, and volunteer. Your help is key in bringing lasting change right here where you live.
To accomplish our mission, we will:
- Energize and inspire people to make a difference
- Craft human care agendas within and across our community
- Build coalitions around these agendas
- Increase investments in these agendas by expanding and diversifying our own development efforts and supporting those of others
- Measure, communicate, and learn from the impact of our efforts
- Reflect the diversity of the communities we serve